Youth Serve Montana Scholarship
Congratulations to the 100 recipients of a 2014 scholarship!
The Governor’s Office of Community Service, Montana Campus Compact, and Student Assistance Foundation are proud to award 100 Montana high school seniors from 72 schools from Eureka to Ekalaka a $1,000 Youth Serve Montana Scholarship. These scholarships recognize each student’s commitment to volunteering over 100 hours in the last year.
The Youth Serve Montana Scholarship was created to promote volunteerism among high school students, encourage young leaders to further their learning, and provide tuition assistance for Montana students who wish to attend college in-state. Selected students receive a $1,000 scholarship toward their college tuition. Scholarship funds have been made available through support from Montana Campus Compact, a network of Montana campuses committed to community service; Student Assistance Foundation, a nonprofit dedicated to helping students pursue and fund post secondary education; and the Governor’s Office of Community Service, a state agency tasked with expanding and promoting service in Montana. The Governor’s Office of Community Service administers the scholarships.
2014 Scholarship Materials:
- 2014 Youth Serve Montana Scholarship Distribution Process
- Youth Serve Montana Scholarship Application (PDF)
- Youth Serve Montana Scholarship Application (Word)
- Scholarship FAQs
2014 Scholarship Guidelines:
- Applicant must have completed 100 hours of volunteer service within a 12-month period. 12-months is defined as the period 12 months prior to the date of application.
- AmeriCorps hours may not be used for this application’s service hours.
- Scholarship funds must be used for the 2014-2015 academic year at a Montana Campus Compact member institution.
- Students must demonstrate financial need by documenting an active FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) application.
- Applications are due to the Governor's Office of Community Service by April 15, 2014.
- Press Release Announcing the Scholarships (10.16.13)
- Press Release Announcing Scholarship Deadline (3.31.14)
- Scholarship Poster
Contact the Governor’s Office of Community Service at 406-444-9077 or email email@example.com.