Volunteering and Civic Life in Montana Report
Trends and Highlights Overview
Overall, in Montana in 2013:
- 30.6% of residents volunteer, ranking them 16th among the 50 states and Washington, DC.
- 264,800 volunteers
- 32.7 million hours of service
- $735.9 million of service contributed
- 40.1 volunteer hours per capita
- 71.1% of residents engage in "informal volunteering" (for example, doing favors for neighbors)
- 32.7% frequently discuss politics with family or friends
- 93.8% frequently eat dinner with other members of the household
- 42.6% frequently talk with neighbors
- Additional data is available on voting, group participation, social connectedness, and other volunteering and civic life indicators.