MLK DAY: Send Tweets & Photos!
The Corporation for National and Communtiy Service is looking for E-Reporters and E-Photographers Needed in Montana to record happenings at MLK Day Events!
Those interested can sign up here: http://mlkday.gov/share/ereporter.php
On MLK Day (January 17, 2011), using your own mobile phone, send hourly text messages (Tweets) about the accomplishments of your MLK Day project. You must send a minimum of 5 tweets.
Reports might include:
- 50 volunteers have arrived to sort and pack food.
- 25 volunteers are serving meals.
- 100 people have been served meals.
- 40 families have picked up food. 200 meals have now been served.
On MLK Day (January 17, 2011), using your own mobile phone and/or digital camera, take photographs of the actions taking place at your MLK Day project and email/upload them to Flickr. You will be expected to send photographs, with captions, on an hourly basis with a minimum of five photos. Please submit candid photos; rather than posed photos.
Photos might include:
- Opening ceremony with guest speaker.
- Volunteers signing in.
- Volunteers in service: painting, reading to children, conducting health fair, etc.
- Closing ceremony activities.