2017 AmeriCorps Competitive Funding
If you are new to AmeriCorps grants, please consider our springtime granting opportunity, typically referred to as the ‘Formula’ grants.
AmeriCorps grants are available to eligible organizations focused on utilizing AmeriCorps to solve Montana’s most pressing needs. Grant applicants design service activities for AmeriCorps members serving full- or part-time for one year or during the summer. Eligible organizations selected for funding implement National Service programs that engage AmeriCorps members to impact and solve community problems through an evidence-based approach.
AmeriCorps*State Competitive grants provide resources and assistance to programs to recruit, train, and supervise AmeriCorps members meeting critical community needs in the areas of Education, Disaster Services, Health, Environmental Stewardship, Economic Opportunity, and service to Veterans and Military Families. AmeriCorps State grants are intended to align with Montana’s priorities in the Montana State Service Plan.
- Sept. 16, 2016 - Official Notice Posted
- Sept. 26 - Technical assistance period opens
- Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oct. 5 at 5:00pm - Letter of Intent due for all applicants
- Letter of Intent Template
- Submit documentation of Federally Approved Indirect Cost Rate, if applicable
- New applicants must also submit:
- Readiness Self-Assessment
- Current A133 or equivalent, if applicable
- Oct. 12 - Technical assistance period closes at 12:00pm and last day to submit an Alternative Match Request
- Oct. 27 - All Applications Due by 5:00pm, Mountain Time
- Applications must be completed and submitted in eGrants
- Letters of support, and evaluation reports must be emailed to email@example.com
- Nov. 16 - Grant review work group meeting, Helena, MT
- A representative of the Applicant must be present. Reasonable accommodations available upon request.
- Scoring Matrix
- Dec. 7 - Montana Commission on Community Service Meeting, Helena, MT
- Dec. 12 - Applicant clarification period opens
- Jan. 6 - Applicant clarification period closes
- Applications must be resubmitted into eGrants no later than 5:00pm
- Jan. 13 - National Direct Consultation due date, please refer to National Direct Consultation page
- Spring 2017 - Applicants notified of funding determination
Technical assistance will be available to all applicants via email between September 26 - October 12. Questions should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org . All questions will be responded to in the FAQ document below. It is recommended that all interested applicants check the FAQ regularly for updates.