Basic American Sign Language (ASL) Workshop
Comprehensive Hearing Services in partnership with Meeting the Challenge Inc. and the Department of Administration will provide a basic ASL workshop on Tuesday, October 12.
Time: 1p.m. - 5 p.m.
Location: State Capitol Building, Room 303
Participants will acquire the following skills in just four hours:
- Produce and recognize the hand shapes of the Manual Alphabet;
- Knowledge of the rules of ASL
- Produce and recognize 24 ASL phrases
- Produce and recognize signed numbers
- Awareness of ASL resources
The public is encouraged to attend.
Registration: Contact Janel Sheppard at 443-8838, x104, or at firstname.lastname@example.org, by Friday, October 8.
- $10 by October 11
- $15 at the door
Reasonable Accommodations: Contact John Pavao at 444-3984, or email@example.com, by October 5 if you will need a reasonable accommodation.