March 10-18, 2012
AmeriCorps week is annual event to celebrate and recognize the impact AmeriCorps has on our communities. In Big Sky Country, AmeriCorps members build trails, mentor at-risk youth, weatherize homes, help students learn to read, assist with tax preparations, build homes for low-income families, recruit volunteers, help nonprofits achieve their mission, and so much more. Since 1994, more than 7,200 Montana residents have served more than 6.7 million hours with AmeriCorps.
“I thank all the AmeriCorps members serving in our Montana communities,” said Governor Brian Schweitzer, “These outstanding men and women are truly making a difference through their time, commitment and incredible energy.”
Participate in AmeriCorps Week Events
AmeriCorps Week events are happening around the state including service projects in Billings, Box Elder, Dillon, Hamilton, Havre, Kalispell, Missoula, and Pablo; AmeriCorps presentations for schools in Billings, Butte, Culbertson, Eureka, Great Falls, and Missoula; AmeriCorps Alumni gatherings in Billings, Missoula, and Poplar; public displays in Billings, Bozeman, Butte, and Missoula; and special AmeriCorps radio shows in Browning, Butte, Missoula, and Poplar. These events will allow community residents to learn about and participate in AmeriCorps programs.
Download the list of AmeriCorps week events here.
Share your AmeriCorps story
Share your AmeriCorps story with ServeMontana on Facebook.
Are you an AmeriCorps Alumnus? Connect with other AmeriCorps Alumni on Facebook.
Proud of your AmeriCorps week event? Tell us about and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Montana Conservation Corps and the new Montana State Parks AmeriCorps program are currently recruiting for members to serve this summer.
Learn more about AmeriCorps programs in Montana here.
Learn more about AmeriCorps programs across the nation at www.americorps.gov.
Facts about AmeriCorps in Montana
- While serving our Montana community communities, AmeriCorps members gain job skill, earn money for college, and learn the importance of giving back.
- There are more than 1,400 AmeriCorps members serving in Montana this year!
- AmeriCorps members serve in Montana through 7 AmeriCorps State Programs, 4 AmeriCorps National Programs, and 5 AmeriCorps VISTA projects. That’s 16 different programs connecting AmeriCorps members to local community needs.
- Since 1994, more than 7,200 Montanans have served with AmeriCorps.
- Since 1995, more than $10.6 million dollars in AmeriCorps Education Awards has gone to Montana schools and institutions.
- AmeriCorps members serve Montana by weatherizing homes, helping low-income Montanans access legal assistance, improving trails and public lands, educating citizens about energy conservation, recruiting and training volunteers, mentoring students, developing nonprofits capacity, increasing access to healthy food, and so much more!
Learn more about the impact of AmeriCorps and other National Service programs in Montana at nationalservice.gov.