2016 National Preparedness Month
September is the first month of fall, when most of the kids head back to school, and our traditional month when we celebrate preparedness. The theme for this year's preparedness month is "Don't Wait, Communicate. Make Your Emergency Plan Today." The Ready Campaign has created several sample posts, graphics, videos and messages to help spread the message.
Each week of National Preparedness Month has a designated theme:
• Week 1 (August 28-September 3): Promote National Preparedness Month
• Week 2 (September 4-10): Preparing Family and Friends
• Week 3 (September 11-17): Preparing Through Service
• Week 4 (September 18-24): Individual Preparedness
• Week 5 (September 25-30): Lead-up to National PrepareAthon! Day
More information about each of these themes is available on Ready.gov/september, where you can also find social media content, 2016 NPM logo, graphics, and more to share with your friends and family.